Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shrek's Fiona-tini: Green Tea, Fruit and Vegetable Drink

This Green Tea frothy drink is a perfect No-Fat, energizing, refreshing after work drink to sip by the pool.

Please, no pond scum jokes!! It really tastes great!!!

We had a friendly contest to name it. My sister Kelley, who has little kids, named it the Fiona-tini for the character in the movie "Shrek."

I will post many Green Drink recipes.

My family thinks I am inventing a new one every time I use the Vita-Mix. I do have favorites.

Healthy Lifestyle Tip: It's easier for me to sip on a pitcher of frosty juice all morning while working, than to actually eat all of these fruits and vegetasbles whole. I hope that you'll get past the color and enjoy it too!!


Shrek's Fiona-tini: Green Tea, Fruit and Vegetable Drink

6 Baby Carrots
1 cup of Green Grapes
1 Apple, cored and sliced
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 hand full of Spinach
3 cups of Ice
Fill pitcher to the top with Fresh Brewed Green Tea
Zap it for about a minute in the Vita-Mix.
Makes around 50 Ounces

Recipe Tip: If you have to use a regular blender, then dice up all of the recipe ingredients and use crushed ice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment