Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Broccoli Soup

Broccoli Soup is the vitamin soup of champions!!
Yesterday our son asked me to make Broccoli and Cheese Soup as a snack.

Here's the quick and easy recipe I came up with using the Vita-Mix and ingredients I had on hand!!

When I don't have time to make my own Chicken Broth, I only use low-fat, No MSG, low sodium stock.

I used Greek Yogurt instead of cheese to make it creamy!! Let's keep that as "mommy secret!"

Broccoli Soup
1 14 ounce bag of Frozen Broccoli
1 can of Low Sodium, No MSG Chicken Broth
2 cans of Water
3/4 cup of Greek Yogurt
8 Baby Carrots
1 tbsp. of Minced Garlic
Zap for 6 minutes on High in the Vita Mix.

Serve with chopped fresh Chives and Fresh Cracked Pepper.

This soup tastes good hot or cold.

Yesterday, I saw my son drinking it out of a glass with a straw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment