Thursday, April 7, 2011

Roasted Broccoli with Lemon

When I turn on the oven, I fill it!!

The other evening, when I was making pans of roasted green beans, there was room for one more baking dish. I checked the fridge and found a large head of broccoli.

My son loves snacking on roasted broccoli almost as much as kettle potato chips, so it's a good thing if I can make it often.

Roasted Broccoli with Lemon
1 head of Broccoli, trim and rinse
We don't like the long stems, so I cut them off.
1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
Pinch of Kosher Salt
1/2 a Lemon, juiced

Rinse a glass baking dish. Don't dry it. Add 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil and a pinch of Kosher Salt.
Add freshly rinsed Broccoli that's still a little moist.
Toss the Broccoli around in the pan to coat with the Olive Oil and Salt.
Roast in a 350 degree oven.
Remove after 10 minutes to add a shot glass of water. About 1-1/2 ounces.
Stir the Broccoli in the baking dish to make sure it's moist on all sides.
Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
Remove to stove top.
Squeeze 1/2 of a Lemon on the Broccoli.
Toss and stir agin before serving.

Lazy Kitchen Tip: To save on dishes, I serve directly from my glass baking pans.

Recipe Tips: Tossing Slivered Almonds, Walnut Pieces, Toasted Pumpkin Seads or Pecans with the Broccoli and Lemon adds a little protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment