Saturday, April 9, 2011

Avocado, Ginger, Pear and Lime Green Drink or The Sexy Green Smoothie?

I read an article today about Kris Carr. She regained her health and took cancer under control by switching to a vegan diet. She wrote the books "Crazy Sexy Cancer" and "Crazy Sexy Diet." This is my version of her "Crazy Sexy Green Smoothie." I didn't have romaine lettuce, so I left it out. I switched out the spring water for green tea. I added lots of ice, a little bit of metabolism revving minced ginger and the juice of one lime.



I don't know about you, but I've never heard of eating an avocado without lime!
This smoothie is silky smooth and pretty!! It's my new favorite!!
I might serve it to the hubby as Chilled Avocado and Pear Soup.


Avocado, Ginger, Pear and Lime Green Drink or The Sexy Green Smoothie?

1 Avocado, scoop out the meat and discard the pit and skin
1 Cucumber, peel and chop
2 Hearts of Celery
1 Pear, chopped and cored
2 cups of Green Tea
1 pinch of Minced Ginger (1/4 tsp.)
The juice of 1 Lime
Put it all in the Vita-Mix and fill to the top with ice.
Zap it for 1-1/2 minutes on high.
Serve with a piece of lime.
Enjoy!!
Recipe Tip: If you have to use a regular blender, then dice up all of the recipe ingredients and use crushed ice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment