Friday, April 8, 2011

Carrot, Grape, Date, Cranberry & Almond Salad

I am a Florida girl. Some of my happiest childhood memories are visiting the Adams Farm in Sanford to pick fresh oranges, lemons, tangerines and grapefruits. In my younger years, I looked forward to chugging a 1/2 gallon jug of fresh squeezed orange juice from Pells in Osteen. Today, drinking that jug could put me in a coma!!
I limit my orange juice consumption to using it as a key recipe ingredient.
Orange juice and orange juice concentrate make great salad dressings and marinades.

Put on a "Sunshine grin!"

Carrot, Grape, Date, Cranberry and Almond Salad

1 pound bag of Match Stick Carrots
1 cup of Red Seedless Grapes, cut in half
1/4 cup of Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup of Dried Chopped Dates
2 tbsps. of Slivered Almonds
1/2 cup of Orange Juice
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and chill overnight for the carrots to absorb the juice.

Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Keep chopped dates, dried fruits, cranraisins, raisins, dried mango, dried apricots, prunes, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried blueberries, slivered dry roasted almonds, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, pine nuts and sunflower seeds in the pantry to toss into a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment