Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ginger Chicken, Oranges, Grapes, Dates and Almond Salad

My family loves eating Chicken Salad the day after I make a Roaster. I created this recipe to cut out the fat from Mayonnaise. It's colorful and tasty! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.

I found this tiny George Briard plate for 69 cents. He was a Ukrainian artist known for his high-end printed glassware in the 50's, 60's and 70's, that was sold in Neiman Marcus and other fine stores. This tiny plate would have been one of six dishes that matched a 9" serving plate. I saw this tiny plate on Ebay for $22!! WOW!

Chicken, Oranges, Grapes, Dates and Almond Salad
1 Roasted Chicken Breast chopped
1/2 cup of chopped Seedless Red Grapes
1/3 cup of chopped Dates
1/3 cup of Slivered Almonds
1 small can of Mandarin Oranges with the juice
1 tsp. of Minced Ginger
Drain the liquid from the can of Mandarin Oranges into a glass.
Add the Minced Ginger to the Liquid and mix well.
Mix the Chicken, Grapes, Dates, Almonds and drained Mandarin Oranges in a large bowl.
Slowly add 1/2 of the liquid to moisten the salad. Toss.
Only add more liquid if needed for your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment