Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blueberry, Banana, Greek Yogurt and Almond Milk Smoothie

In our house we call Smoothies "Soothies," because the just make us feel great!!! This one is so yummy and Low-Fat that it can satisfy my Ben and Jerry's cravings.

Did you know that Native Americans called the Blueberry the Star Berry for the 5 point blossom shape? I read that the anthocyaninin in blueberries is good for eyesight....so maybe after drinking this I'll be able to find my reading glasses;)

Speaking of glasses, these vintage 50's gold leaf starburst glasses are part of my retro dishware collection. I love collecting. My son calls it hoarding;)!!!!

My kids love this drink.




Blueberry, Banana, Greek Yogurt and Almond Milk Smoothie

3/4 cup of Blueberries, fresh or frozen (Star Berries)
1 Banana
1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
1-1/2 cups of Almond Milk
Dash of Cinnamon
Fill container to 2" bellow the top with ice.
Zap it in the Vita-Mix for 1 to 2 minutes.
Garnish with a few Blueberries
This makes a full 50 oz. canister in the Vita-Mix

Tip: You could add Fax Seeds or Vanilla Protein Powder to this Smoothie

Budget Friendly Tip: When we have extra fresh berries that aren't going to be used quickly, I portion them into freezer bags and save them for future smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment